Blog

Mar 28, 2010

The Old is New

As my Spring Break drew to an end, I decided to do a few things I hadn't done in a while.  First, I was bored and going through various Blogs and I came across some work from one of my old favorites, Adam Warren.  For those not in the know, look him up--he's fantastic!  American-born, Anime-influenced.  The man has amazing pencil control and a superb sense of humor.  I'm not really an anime fan (at all), but I have always been highly influenced by his work.  In fact, back in high school, my best friend and I even created our own comic series based largely on his work and the work of Joe Madureira.  Anywho, so here are a few new sketches I did in that manga style (though they are de-manga-ized a tad):

Then I got out my colored paper sketchpad (that's the technical name for it, I believe) and had some fun drawing a well-lighted figure.  This is Carrie Underwood from the latest issue of Allure magazine:


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.