Blog

Mar 31, 2011

Mother Dearest,

Guess what I've been doing since 4:15am!  No, not sleeping--that stuff's for non-grad students.  Since I didn't have the focus to accomplish my Figurative Concepts homework yesterday, apparently my sub-conscience decided to reschedule the task.  After tossing and turning for about an hour and a half, I finally just got up and drew a portrait.  What a way to start a day!

So, the assignment was to draw a portrait of a friend or family member.  Family to the rescue!  The Georgia wing of my empire banned together, set-up their own lighting, and photographed each other.  I've only had the time and motivation to do one so far, but more may come as I find time.  I do enjoy the process and always see the need for improvement.  In any case, I present to you, my Mother:

Photograph © 2011 Tiffanie Wright. Used with permission.
Lighting by Dave Lowe.


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.