Blog

Oct 3, 2011

Digital Storyboarding - Frankenstein Boards

This week was our last week with Jeff Snow (go follow his blog, if you don't already!), so the final boards from our sequence of Frankenstein were due (-ish, apparently).  We all had to get up and pitch them to the class, which lead to two interesting things: 1.) I was the only one in the class to have actually finished my boards (after three weeks, a lot of people--it's an undergrad class--still hadn't even finished roughing out the entire sequence!) and 2.) Jeff said my pitch was "too verbose".  That is the first time in my entire life that I have been informed that I talked too much!  Shocking!  He was, of course, just reminding me to let the drawings do the talking.  Which apparently they did pretty well.  He said they were "very strong" and seemed pleased with the results.  I am too, in some ways, but I feel there's plenty of room for improvement with whatever Louie del Carmen brings us next week.  Game on, DreamWorks-story-artists-turned-Academy-of-Art-instructors!

Frankenstein Boards


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.