Blog

Oct 11, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane

I took a break from my regularly scheduled homework (or rather, stopped sleeping in order to create more time) to do a special little something to celebrate my parent's 30th wedding anniversary.  The project was coordinated by my sister, Tiffanie, who also planned a well-executed surprise anniversary dinner complete with plenty of neighbors, friends, family, and ME (the biggest surprise of all, since I haven't been home since January and am currently in classes).  Fun was had by all and my parents were completely surprised!

The idea behind this illustration (which was inspired by the art prints at Your Memory Lane, though highly improved upon) was to create a collection of various buildings, landmarks, icons, logos, cars, etc. that gather from and represent my parents' 30 years of marriage.  I created each person, place, and thing (even the logos) with a textured brush in Photoshop.  It was then printed (at FedEx Office, who robbed it of it's vibrancy) and framed for all to see and enjoy.  Now, for the first time ever, you can experience it in it's original RGB full-color glory!
(And, of course, I had to thumbnail it out, first.  Force of habit.)


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.