Blog

Oct 10, 2012

The Pirate Ship - Part I

Well, it has been far too long since I posted on this blog!  I finally have settled in to my new home here in the Greater Los Angeles area.  Still getting used to the city and the heat, but it feels amazing to be so close (and yet, so far?) from all these amazing animation studios.  It's only a matter of time before I get my foot in the door to one of them.  May my dream commence!

In other news, I got my first official bit of freelance work out here working on a student film project for  University of Southern California student Graham Oyoung.  Graham actually contacted me through my deviantART page, sharing with me a great little tale of a son trying to get his father to play Pirate with him.  He showed me the character designs he had worked up, as well as some other production art that had been produced for the project, and I was hooked.  I had to storyboard this concept.  So, working from a script he wrote, I did.

Graham was kind enough to let me post my boards to my blog, even though his project is still in production.  I'll be sure to share the final result, which I'm sure will be grand, but here's part one of three of my boards, in the meantime:
























































All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.