Blog

Feb 17, 2010

D'Oh!

This semester, I'm in my first core animation class, which is truly exhilarating! It's called Visual Elements of Story. I'll have plenty of great new artwork to post from this class, where I've chosen "Jack and the Beanstalk" as my story to work from--more on that later, though. The first project in this class was one that seems simple enough on the surface, but it truly difficult: Homer Simpson! So simple, yet so complex. First, some sketches I did to try to understand the character that I've grown up loving for 20 years...
The assignment was to draw Homer on model in 10 different poses. Since there have also been 10 Pixar movies, I decided to have a Homer representation for each movie. See if you can figure out which one's which...


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.