Blog

May 15, 2010

Jack & the Beanstalk - Pièce de Résistance

Talk about bittersweet endings...below is the final presentation for my Visual Elements of Story class here at the Academy.  Nicolas Villarreal has been a phenomenal teacher, and I can truly say that this class has, by far, been my favorite that I've taken yet!  The final is basically two presentation boards, one for compositions and one for characters, that show the progression and culmination of everything we've done this semester!  *phew.*  Lots of work to compile, let me tell you!  Each of these are actually 20" x 30", but Blogger only allows images to be so large (1600 pixels, I believe), so you'll have to use your imagination as to the size.  Sorry if any details are lost, but all these images can be seen in their larger forms elsewhere on this very blog.  I do still have every intention of coloring that third composition (lower, right corner of the composition board) this summer, so stay tuned for that.  Otherwise, it's likely the end of the road for Jack and Co.  It's a shame, as I was just starting to get into the characters and the story.  Seems a waste...who knows.  Good characters never die, right?...


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.