Blog

Dec 17, 2011

Digital Storyboarding - Pink Story


The lack of posts from my Digital Storyboarding class was due to the fact that our last two DreamWorks instructors (Louie del Carmen and Rad Sechrist) combined efforts and had us work on one story for the last 10 weeks of class.  Louie started us off with thumbnails and a rough pass, while Rad finished things up until a final pass was ready to pitch.  Lots of great notes, information, and insight shared from these guys, some of which I will try to post during the coming weeks.

At any rate, here's the final boards that I pitched to Rad.  My story follows a grandfather who doesn't want his grandson to wear pink but needs to realize that clothes don't make the man.
Pink - Final Storyboards
And here are the rough storyboards that I had pitched to Louie:
Pink - Rough Storyboards
I also had to do a little character design, so here are some of the various digital character sketches I created for the project.  Lots of influence from Colin Jack on these.



All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.