Blog

May 20, 2012

Spaceman Do - Storyboards


Spaceman Do is a character I've been playing around with for awhile now.  He is, obviously, a space man.  But as a character, I've got a lot of deeper things in mind I'd like to explore.  I've been toying around with many ideas and have even posted some character design work that I did in other classes, but I have yet to find the time to do something with it all.  As part of my final for my Storyboarding and Animatics class, I was finally able to put together a script and bring Spaceman Do to life.  It was a highly exciting thrill ride the whole way through...right up to the all-nighter I spent cleaning up the boards to get them done in time!  I am truly pleased with the way they turned out!! (even if they are over-rendered for boards)  Still so much more to explore in this world, but hopefully you enjoy this first adventure.
Spaceman Do Storyboards
I plan on putting together an animatic for this (need to for my thesis, anyway) that I shall post when it's finished (and not a moment sooner).  I will also post my character design work soon.  Long-term goals for the character include a comic, cause that's just been something I've wanted to create for far too long.  In the mean time, here are the original thumbnail sketches for the sequence:






All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.