Blog

Nov 5, 2017

Artsy.net: A Cool New Site to See

Back in 2009, whilst at the Academy of Art University, one of my assignments was a replication of a Rembrandt painting (above). Thanks to the amazing omnipresence of The Internet, I was recently contacted by the people over at Artsy.net who found my blog and figured I and my followers might enjoy their website. For those like myself who are unaware of what Artsy is, Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. Artsy's Rembrandt van Rijn page provides visitors with Rembrandt's bio, over 250 of his works, exclusive articles, and up-to-date Rembrandt exhibition listings.
This is a very cool website that I will continue to explore in the future. Needless to say, I am a firm believer in the power of The Arts and of art study, particularly the Greats of the past. And Rembrandt was most certainly a Great. Go explore the site for yourself, and feel free to leave a comment or two linking to any cool stuff you find there!

And, for my followers from down under, The Art Gallery of New South Wales is set to open an exhibit on November 11, 2017 titled Rembrandt and the Dutch Golden Age: Masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum. Sounds like quite the exhibit, so be sure to check it out and drop me a line about how it is.


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.