Blog

Apr 14, 2010

Figure Studio Drawings

I've been going on and on about my Jack & the Beanstalk project for my Visual Elements of Story class, so I thought it'd be nice to take a look at some of the work I've been doing in my Figure Studio class.  Figure Studio, just as you'd expect, is a class here at the Academy of Art where we draw the nude figure in a studio setting.  Still with me?  The homework assignments have all been to copy Bargue drawings (guy was amazing--be sure to check him out if his name is new to you!), so here are a few of the drawings I've done in class.  Each class is six hours, and we draw one pose the whole duration:

As always, please don't judge me based on these pictures--student housing has atrocious lighting and Photoshop can only do so much.  And yes, the last drawing is on toned paper.


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.