Blog

Apr 18, 2010

Jack & the Beanstalk - Compositions 2 & 3

Next up in my continuing adventures of Jack is the second composition that we'll be taking to color, just like the first.  I've decided, while I'm in the mood, to do two new compositions instead of just a single one.  Not sure if I'll have enough time to finish both for class, but I can always work on the other one during my summer break.  As always, these compositions start in the sketch phase as I flesh-out my ideas, then I have a rough drawing stage where I block everything in (at final size) and add detail, then I throw a piece of tracing vellum over the top of the rough drawing and create a clean drawing, which I will use as my template for the final painting.  The aforementioned steps are visualized below:


All original artwork © 2020 Casey Lowe, unless otherwise noted. Blog powered by Blogger.